welcome!

About Me

My photo
Santa Teresa, New Mexico, United States
I am a stay at home mom-preneur to my little Olivia Mae and we are expecting our next little gal Jan 2015! I am a bonified girly girl, and addicted to crafting. Like many of you, these interesting economic times have forced me to think outside the box about my love affair with shopping, which lead me to making my own accessories. I actually get more compliments on the pieces Ive made then the coveted pieces I have saved up to purchase! So this is my new passion; eye catching recycled vintage, and vintage inspired jewelry pieces at prices we can feel good about.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Christmas in July

I've heard of this a million times... But do people really do Christmas shopping in July? I know that I have bought a few items here and there that were too good of a deal to pass up, but I've never actually said "it's July, better start Christmas shopping!". My mother on the other hand does.
Let me tell you... Christmas morning at my parent's has a real wow factor. We've had to warn new sisters' in law about what to expect. There are presents overflowing from the 12' tree. A real landscape of gift giving. A real reason to pee your pants as a kid and drop your jaw as an adult.
Is my mother's secret that she starts shopping so early? She always sticks to her budget and I'm always AMAZED at just how much bang she can get for her buck.

What are your thoughts?

How do you stretch your Christmas dollars?

Would you shop as early as July if there was a good deal ?

Fill me in!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of Christmas shopping before November, and maybe that's why last Christmas was a super stressful nightmare! I didn't like that I was relieved that the holidays were over because I didn't have to think of new gifts to buy and more money to spend. Maybe I should try this Christmas shopping in July idea... It could be worth it if you're aimlessly shopping and come across a great deal. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete