welcome!

About Me

My photo
Santa Teresa, New Mexico, United States
I am a stay at home mom-preneur to my little Olivia Mae and we are expecting our next little gal Jan 2015! I am a bonified girly girl, and addicted to crafting. Like many of you, these interesting economic times have forced me to think outside the box about my love affair with shopping, which lead me to making my own accessories. I actually get more compliments on the pieces Ive made then the coveted pieces I have saved up to purchase! So this is my new passion; eye catching recycled vintage, and vintage inspired jewelry pieces at prices we can feel good about.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Farewell Cody

It certainly has been a while since I've been to Utah! About 2 years? But we are back and this is a rough trip. We are dropping Cody off at the MTC. He will be serving in the Brisbane, Australia mission. It is so hard to think that we won't see him for 2 years. Olivia will be 2! (...and who knows, maybe he will cone come to meet another niece or nephew?) I am sad that Olivia will miss all the fun things uncle Cody will be gone for, but we will pick up right where we left off.
I know that he will be a better person for this sacrifice he is making of his time and talents. I know that the lord will watch over him and bring him back to us safely. I can only imagine all of the amazing adventures he is about to embark upon.
I couldn't think of a more fitting mission calling for the great outdoorsman that Cody has become.
Cody, we will miss you!
Thank you for choosing to be a missionary, you are a great example to your nieces and nephews, heck... Your great sacrifice is a great example to me, too!
Thank you. It makes me think of how I need to serve others. I need to remember the big picture. I need to think beyond today. Have I done any good in the world today?
I know that my sacrifice as a mother is a lot, but I can do more.
I am also grateful for the sacrifice my husband made when he chose to serve a mission. I know that El Salvador really changed him into the man that I love. Without his great love for the gospel I don't know where my life would be. (and I think I couldn't get away with just making rice and beans for dinner as often hahaha)
So tomorrow we will say goodbye for a few years to my little Cody.
Can you say waterproof mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment